Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Project and Revelations

I have spent the last two days cleaning out and organizing my husbands office. To explain why this is a two day project I must backtrack. We bought our house 6 years ago this October. The first project we tackled was the downstairs. We ripped up all the carpet and had the hardwoods refinished - our house was built in the early 1900's so we have beautiful floors. Our next plan was the second floor. When we found out we were pregnant, we decided we needed to get the floors done before painting. Before that, we used 1 of the spare rooms as my husband's office (he works out of the house full time) and the second for my sewing and clothing storage (the joy of our old house is no closet space). The third was our room. To have the floors refinished, we needed to get everything in one room. We decided to put everything in the office and do those floors a few months later. Well, all good plans hit a detour. More than four years later and the floors still need done. Worse than that, my poor husband worked in a room that was overflowing with JUNK. For the longest time I was just too overwhelmed to tackle it. Well, for whatever reason yesterday I jumped in and tackled it. Our tree lawn is overflowing with garbage and the room is looking great! I will take pictures tomorrow to post. Needless to say, this has been a project of instant gratification.

In early July my Church started a new study of the book of Revelations. Today we talked about accepting God's plan for our life vs. wanting to control it. First, since none of my readers know me (if I have readers) I must say I am very much a glass 3/4 full person. I am extremely blessed and I think the blog world has reinforced these feelings. I truly do believe that God has my life planned out and I am along for the ride. Yes, I do realize that I have the choice regarding following his way or falling away from him. I do believe that I am following his way to the best of my ability. Am I perfect, of course not, however that is why Jesus died - God's expectation is that I will do my best for him. The blogging world is so full of stories of people living and overcoming such horrific tragedies. I read daily about families losing children and unborn babies to so many awful diseases. These stories make me realize how blessed I am. My one goal every night is to make sure I pray for myself last. I always begin by praying for those that I know and those that I do not know. As I go through my prayer list, I am continually reminded of not only how blessed I am, but of how such a strong faith in God can get you through the unthinkable. There are so many amazingly strong women in the blogging world and so many of them help you to realize that with God nothing is impossible. By the time I get to praying for me and my immediate family, I find myself simply thanking God for my life.
I do not mean for this post to come off as sounding as if I have all the answers to being happy, I just read a post on another blog today that reminded me that we often do not realize how blessed we are and how hard it is to give it over to God. Yet once I gave it all to him, I was rewarded 100x over.

6 comments:

Shelley said...

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. We are so blessed just to live in America. Last summer I traveled to Honduras to do some mission work and then realized how blessed we are just to live and be born where we are. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. What a great idea to pray for others first and then for yourself and your family last. It makes your remember how blessed we truly are!

Cant wait to see office pictures!

Jenna said...

I love that - glass 3/4 full!

Fabiola said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

I love the way you put: "The blogging world is so full of stories of people living and overcoming such horrific tragedies....These stories make me realize how blessed I am"

Even though, I've been going thru a rough patch lately, I feel really blessed with everything and everyone I have.

And your daughter is precious!!!

Amanda said...

What wonderful insight! Beautiful writing on a beautiful blog :)

I'm over from the blog hop!

Faith said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Love this post!! Being positive like you are actually makes you go a whole lot further in life!! :)

Jaime and Katie said...

I'm here from the Blog Hop.

What a great way to look at life - 3/4 full! I love this post!