Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fall Fabric & New Blog Design

First of all, I have to thank Shelley for my new blog design. I participated in a blog hop last week that was organized by Jenna and met Shelley, who offered to redo my blog. I absolutely love it!

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love everything about it; the cool weather, football, leaves, pumpkins, you name it! Another thing I love about fall, and even winter, is the fabrics. I love corduroy, wools, plaids, and flannel. There is something about these fabrics that makes me eager to start Eleanor's school clothes. I headed out to JoAnn today with my coupons to start getting ready for fall. Here are some of my purchases and what I am going to make out of them.
Cathy Dress
I think this will look great with tights or leggings and a long sleeve t-shirt.
I am also going to use this fabrics for the same pattern


I plan to use the following fabrics for the Caroline pillowcase dress



I plan on making a flouncy skirt with this fabric


I plan on using the following fabrics to make nightgowns for Eleanor and PJ pants for me



The bulk of these fabrics were in the red tag section, which I must confess that I never look at. I am not sure why I always skip it, however I think it is because I often do not find anything I am interested in. Not the case today. I also bought some minky fabric and microsuede to make a vest, however I already have it in the wash.
I am also finished with the top half of my June Table Runner of the Month that I mentioned before. This was my first time working with flying geese, and I am please with my results. Of course my points are not all perfect, however I am pleased with the way I was able to teach myself on my own. All I have left to do is quilt and bind it. I am eager to get started on my July runner.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Your new design makes me want some fall...big time!!

Love the new fabrics. I actually have my eye on a few fabrics that I guess I will add to my ever-growing stash of fabrics...that I will use if I ever bring myself to pulling my sewing machine out of the box =)

Fabiola said...

Christine, thank you so much for your prayers. Some days are just hard. I cannot say how much I appreciate.

Please say thank you to your Bibble study group for me.

Shelley said...

I have been waiting for a blog update. Hope all is wonderful in your world! Thanks for the gift card! I just ordered a book I have been wanting :)
God Bless,
Shelley