Thursday, November 4, 2010

Christmas Block of the Month

Back in June or July, I decided to join the Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery Block of the Month.  As I have mentioned before, I am very new to quilting.  I have been sewing for a long time, however quilting is new to me.  Anyway, one could say I should have waited until I knew what I was doing, however I say why not?  Heck, I liked the fabrics and it is going in my house.  That way, years from now, I can have better quilts compared to the ones I am working on now.  It will be like documenting my progress.  Here is my first block to be completed:

It went better than many of my previous blocks, however it is a tad small.  I have no clue what to do here.  My pieces were all cut correct and I have triple checked my 1/4" seam allowance.  I am nervous about when I need to put it all together, however we shall see.  I have 3 other blocks to work on, however I am way behind.  I will document it here as I get them done.
Also, last month Fat Quarter Shop had a Twitter special on the 12 Days of Christmas line by Kate Spain.  I stocked up to make pillows and a banner for the living room.  The table runner of the month club I joined also has this fabric for the Christmas runner.

2 comments:

Fabiola said...

I can't wait until you start the 12 Days of Christmas. And for me, I take my hat off to anyone who can sew the way you do ; )

Lisa Marie said...

I was wondering if you would be willing to sell your pattern. It's out of print.