Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gift Boxes and Dishtowels

Today I am participating in the TOO Cute Tuesday linky party on Funky Pokadot Giraffe.  If you have never visited this blog, you MUST.  Kyla has the neatest ideas and I love reading her blog.  I wrote this post last week about gifts I was making for Eleanor's teachers.  Some of the stuff in this post repeats what I typed last week.  The idea for the dishtowels came from the Pottery Barn catalog.  Every year they have fabulous reindeer plates, napkins and placemats.  I have always liked them, but really I am not spending that money on the set.  And you really cannot have just some.  PB seems to think it would be okay to leave out Dasher, Dancer, Comet and Cupid.  So, when I stumbled upon this pattern for iron transfers I knew I could find tons of ways to use them.  My first thought was gifts for Eleanor's teachers, however this has expanded to gifts for all the women in my family. I picked up the flour sack dish towels with my JoAnn coupon and used random DMC floss that is floating around the house.  I used a very simple embroidery stitch over the design.



I then decided to break out my Mod Podge and Christmas scrapbook paper to cover the paper mache gift boxes I purchased.  The boxes are done, I just need to finish the dishtowels.
The top box is my favorite.  The others are not exactly my style, however I know they will match the decor of the different recipients homes.  I am also thinking of including a mug and homemade hot chocolate mix with each gift.

3 comments:

Mormishmom said...

Thanks so much for the shout out! The towel looks awesome I like the top box the best too! Thanks so much for linking up to Too Cute Tuesday!

http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/

Shelley said...

LOVE the boxes and the Corn pudding looks wonderful!!!

Tasha said...

I love the dishtowel and the boxes! What great gifts. I am a big fan of needle work dishtowels. Thank you for linking them up!