Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Biggest Quilt to Date, Part 4

I am really coming along now!  Matt took Eleanor down to his Mom's house this morning to give me some time to work on Christmas gifts by myself.  I sat down at the machine around 8 with my coffee and did not stop until 1:30!  I am also rapidly working my way through Season 4 of Bones on Netflix.  I began my laying my quilt blocks out in rows on my table, however I quickly realized that I as not going to have enough room to lay out the entire quilt
At this point I decided the best bet would be to move the quilt onto the floor.  Now, let me first say that my sewing room is also the playroom.  99.9% of the time this is ideal, Eleanor can play while I sew and often can sit and craft at my table.  Anyway, here is the condition of the playroom this morning (and most mornings if I am going to be real).  Also, I know I should not have anything stacked on the piano.
So, I had no choice but to clean up the playroom before I could lay out the quilt.  Here is my layout
The quilt is actually turning out to be bigger than I thought, which is a good thing!.  I am planning on doing at least 1 border maybe 2 so that will make it look bigger.  After laying it out I began to join the rows.  For the first time, I feel like this went smooth.  All of my blocks lined up, this is a first!  At this point I have pressed two of the rows and have 4 left; then I will need to connect the rows.  I did have 4 blocks left and I am thinking I will make a pillow and use the same border fabrics from the quilt on it.


1 comment:

Fabiola said...

I love the color combination. It will look so cozy and warm when it is finished.