Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bow Holder Redo

One of my favorite things to make for Eleanor is hairbows.  Eleanor was bald until she was about 2, and I think it is fair to say that since the moment I could put a rubber band in her hair she has had a bow.  As I mentioned before, I do make most of Eleanor's clothing and I usually find myself picking up ribbon to match.  When I first started making bows, I searched high and low for something to hang them all on.  While I found lots of ideas, there was no way I was going to pay for something I could easily make.  I bought a simple piece of wood at JoAnn, painted it, and glued on some ribbon.  Here it is:
As we ran out of room, I added some ribbon to the cute cowgirl sign and used these for her hairbows.  Well, over the last few years we have run out of room and the bows have been getting crushed.  I decided I wanted to make something new using my Silhouette.  I began by having my guys at Lowes cut a 2' by 2' piece of plywood into six pieces for me.
 I painted each one pink
 I then cut out Eleanor's initials using vinyl on my Silhouette.  I downloaded the font, Blomster, from DaFont and I found the dragonfly from the Silhuette online store.
 I then spray painted each one purple, let it dray, and then removed the vinyl.
After finishing that, I decided they needed something more.  I let Eleanor pick out some princess scrapbook paper at Archivers, used a free shape of the week from Archivers, and cut out these cute flowers.


Here is the finished project, I am really quite pleased with how it came out.


I am linking up at Funky Polkadot Giraffe , Sew Many Ways, and This Blessed Nest




 
this blessed nest

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Hi there! I saw your comment on my blog about the canisters. I got those at Bed Bath & Beyond. Thank you for the comment!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

What a cute way to organize. She's lucky to have such an amazing mom.

this blessed nest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
this blessed nest said...

omgoodness!

i just deleted my comment...i just realized it was YOU~!!!!!

i've was doing um, like 10 things all at the same time while i was commenting. i was trying to make sure my links were coming back to me via email for the party...etc.

i still will come back here for some pointers, but i KNOW where to find you if i need help. lol.
which btw, i ordered 2 new mats today. ugh. so mad at myself for that.

thanks for linking up. please forgive me for all the confusion. i know you know i'm crazy already!
lol.

HAPPY MARCH, sweet friend.
kellie

Maegan said...

Wow, so creative and so cute! They're useful and they're really pretty, good job!

I linked my first ever DIY to the Spring Fling, eeek!

Hope you're having a great week!
xxoo
Maegan

Robyn said...

This is just adorable!!!!