Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Quick, Switcheable Wall Art

I have been looking for some time for something to put on the wall in our living room.  The wall is broken up by a small, leaded glass window.  Without something on each side, it just looks empty.  I love changing things out for the seasons, and when I saw this idea on another blog I thought I could easily incorporate it.  I did it for Valentine's Day, which you can see here.  I am still not sure if I will do a separate one for Easter or just wait until summer to change it.  Here is what I have done for spring.  I started by having the guys at Lowes cut a piece of inexpensive 2'x2 piece of wood in 4 pieces (this is the same as I did in the previous post).  I sanded the edges down and painted them white.  The perfect thing for this project is that scrapbook paper comes 12"x12".  I found this paper at Archivers that I loved.  I used matte Mod Podge and glued them on the boards.

I bought lots of extra paper to make some other projects with, like the flower I did on last weeks subway art and a spring banner I am working on.  I had also planned on using my Silhouette to embellish these.  However, they had these great matching embellishments at Archivers so I bought them.  Here are two more pictures of what it looks like in the room.

and the whole wall view
The bare blocks on the window ledge are for an Easter sign I am hoping to get started on as soon as it is warm enough to get out and spray paint - my husband has vetoed any more of my spray painting in the basement!  I also used some of the leftover paper to update my silhouette of Eleanor.
I am linking up today over at


Funky Polkadot Giraffe TOO Cute Tuesday Linky Par-tay 
This Blessed Nest Spring Fling 
Sisters' Stuff Linky Party
Creation Corner 
 WhipperBerry Friday Flair
Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up

1 comment:

this blessed nest said...

i am loving that silhouette of E!

did you do that on the silhouette?

goodness gracious i need to learn that machine.

your wooden square with the paper look really good. scrapbook paper is the best stuff ever!

thanks for linking up to the SPRING FLING!

have a super weekend.

kellie


p.s. did you see the first link for this week's fling? it's a tutorial on using the silhouette machine for cutting tags. MIND BOGGLING! lol. ;)

take care. sorry i'm so late in commenting...my wifi is down. too hard to use my computer "wired to the wall" when the kids are awake.