Sunday, May 15, 2011

July Table Runner Side 1

So almost a year ago I blogged about joining the Fresh and Fancy Table Runner of the month club by Cotton Way.  Lets fast forward a year.  I have all of them in my possession and I have made 1.  Yes one.  And it was a disaster.  It was the largest quilt I had tried to quilt and it was, and still is, a hot mess.  Well I soon found Nanette over at Freda's Hive and I may or may not have begun somewhat stalking her on her blog and twitter.  Seriously, she has solved all of my quilting dilemmas!  Anyway, she has an incredible tutorial on putting your quilt together and it has helped me greatly.  I have been practicing with lots of small pieces and I am ready to jump back in; I did not want to waste another full kit.  I am done with the first side of this table runner and the back is simple strips so it will not take as long.  Somebody will be getting this for Christmas...unless I like it in my dining room.
Here is my progress

 So I included this close-up to brag about myself for a minute.  For the first time all my corners match up.  This has been the hardest thing for me with quilting - I do have two seams that did not match up, however I figure that is an accomplishment!  Also I do have a hard time having everything measure up.  I cut VERY slowly and carefully, measure repeatedly and still things are off.  Just will have to work at it.  This quilt was easy to fidget because so much of this is stripes, it was easy to trim.
I am going to hopefully finish the back this week and I also need to bind the quilt that I made my sister for Christmas....last year.  She is coming for Memorial Day so I must finish!!
I am linking up today over at Sew Many Ways Sew Darn Crafty 

2 comments:

Morgane @ Bear,Dolly and Moi said...

Your table runner is going to be great! these corners can ruin the joy of sewing/quilting!
Good luck piecing the back
thanks for visiting

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

You are too kind and sweet. I am glad that tutorial helped you. I don't know of another way to do small projects but it works for me. I love the runner. Love. I struggle with points and straight lines and I've been doing this for a long time. I try to do my best but it doesn't always work out. But I'm ok with that because this is a hobby not my life!!! Thank heaven.