Wednesday, May 18, 2011

MY Biggest Quilt to Date is DONE

So the last time I posted about this quilt was here, on November 30.  This was the quilt I was making for my sister and her husband...for Christmas...last year.  So, here it is May and I finally finished it.  The quilt is roughly lap size, as I mentioned before it was entirely unplanned so it just turned out as big as it did.  Looking back, I kind of wish I had added some more to the border to make it bigger.  Here it is
If one were to look close it is certainly not perfect, however I have only been quilting for a year so I am pretty happy with it.  I tried a new way to put on the binding, and my binding is kind of wide.  Not sure what went on there.  I think I will go back to the traditional way of binding with my next project.  I also learned doing this that I really do need a walking foot, which is something I will invest in.  Overall, however, I am happy with this!

4 comments:

Tootsie Marie said...

I think it is beautiful! Nice job!

Robyn said...

Love it! I think the binding looks great!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

It's lovely. I'm getting into brown right now. It looks fantastic.

SeamedUP said...

Love your color combinations! Congrats on the completion of your first quilt:)