Saturday, May 14, 2011

Teacher Gifts



While browsing through Kyla over at Funky Polkadot Giraffe's Too Cute Tuesday Linky Par-tay, I came across two fabulous ideas for teacher gifts.  Since these are not my ideas, I am not going to include full tutorials, however they can be found at Running With Glitter for the coffee mug and Sweet Peas and Bumblebees for the flower pot. 
I picked up the clay pots for $2 each at Pat Catans and sprayed them turquoise, it took three coats of paint. 
I then used my Silhouette and added some designs and words for summer.
I did find that the vinyl was a bit trickier to attach because the pots are curved, but overall it was easy.  I then added three coats of Mod Podge to the pot to seal the vinyl on.  I do not know if you have to do this, but I found because of the uneven texture of the pots there were spots where the letters pulled up.  

I also bought the coffee mugs at Pat Catans.  I removed the photo insert paper and traced it onto the scrapbook paper and simply put the paper back in.  I had originally planned on adding their initials, however I just did not like the way it turned out on mine.  The initials do look fabulous on the ones over on Running with Glitter!  
 To finish it off I stuffed the bottom of the pots with lots of tissue, added two small coffee samples and put in two cards I also made with the Silhouette. 

Have a fabulous weekend and thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Sweet Peas and Bumblebees said...

How adorable!!! I love all of your fonts and graphics! Seeing yours makes me want to make another one for myself! Thanks for sharing! =)

Amy @ dwell in the season said...

As a teacher, I would LOVE that! So cute, and yes, I completely rely on my coffee! :)
-Amy

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

fabulous idea!! thanks for partying with whipperberry!
kisses

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

Like Amy said, as a teacher, I would LOVE to receive such a thoughtful and handmade gift! Beautiful work.

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

New follower; just found you through This Blessed Nest!

Selina said...

I so need a shillouette! I love those teacher pots! Next I want to see those wine bottles on here! :-)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

OH . . . Pat Catan's! I used to live in NE Ohio -- I so miss that store! Your pots are lovely!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

What a fabulous idea. And you with your painting spray! funny. This idea is really adorable. Worked great.