Saturday, July 2, 2011

Table Topper

About a month ago, we booked our first trip to Disney.  To prepare for that trip, I decided to go on a fabric diet.  I still have fabric leftover from a table topper I made last year, I have 10 table runners to make, and also I still have to do 11 blocks from a Block of the Month I joined last year.  So, in reality, while I am sure I will buy more fabric, I have more than enough to keep me busy. 
Last weekend Matt and Eleanor went out of town for the weekend and I stayed here.  Other than some commitments, I spent 4 days sewing nonstop.  It was simply blissful.  I pulled out my fabric to complete the table topper.  This pattern, found here is one of my favorites.  It is quick and easy, and always affordable because of the amount of fabric you need.  Here is the finished top 
I am very pleased with how it turned out.  I had one issue with the seams butting up on one row, however all the others were perfect.  Everything matched up except for this one spot, I cannot figure out why it is so off
I just got a new walking foot for my machine so I am very excited to quilt it, however I want to get a table runner finished and then quilt them both.


1 comment:

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I wouldn't have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out. Proves we are our worst critic. Love your table toppers. I gotta get on that - making more.