Thursday, September 1, 2011

Eleanor's 5th Birthday

I am only about a month late in posting pictures from Eleanor's 5th birthday party.  I am a huge fan of birthday celebrations.  We still do her parties at home with just family and a friend or two, however the days of that are coming to an end.  I love making her cake and all the decorations.  This year, her party was right after our trip to the beach.  As a result, I did not get any of the stuff I wanted to do done for the party.  While I know Eleanor didn't care, I did.  Next year I will plan better:)  Her cake, which I made up in my head, came out great.  Here are some pictures from years past, sadly do to a mistake on my part I no longer have any pictures from her first birthday:(  
Her 2nd Birthday
 3rd Birthday
4th Birthday
 And here is this year.  I decided to make a giant cupcake, however it was way too big.  I had cake leftover forever.  I sadly could not find the birthday runner that I used the year before, but it is here somewhere.  I made two layer cakes and cut them to shape.  Hilariously it was too big for my side by side fridge so I couldn't crumb coat it which made for some messy frosting!



I really do not have many pictures this year and I am not sure why.  I hope to do better next year!

6 comments:

Wandering Threads said...

Great job on the cake! I bet it was yummy and I'm sure E loved it!

Christine said...

The cake came out so cute! Yummy! I made my son a skateboard cake for his last birthday.

Selina Marie said...

Yay! Happy birthday Eleanor! Great job on the cakes mama. I love that blue one with the polka dots and your table runner! I'm very partial to polka dots =)

Robyn said...

Love, love, love the cake! Cutest one yet! And, she is just adorable!

Amy said...

What a cute cake! Great job!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Aw cute. Five is a great age. She's a darling girl. You'll have so much fun on your upcoming vacation.