Monday, October 10, 2011

Hot Cocoa Mocha

My friend Jacqueline on Twitter asked me to post the recipe I used for the Hot Cocoa Mocha recipe I made for my sisters baby shower favors, pictured here


I found the recipe in one of the Gooseberry Patch Christmas cookbooks. They come out with new Christmas volumes all the time, however the Christmas All Through the House Collectors Edition. There are so many different gift ideas that are easy and affordable. The Hot Cocoa Mocha is one of these recipes, so simple and easy. Here it is

3 cups of hot cocoa mix
1/2 cup instant coffee
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup mini marshmallows

Mix all ingredients except the marshmallows together. Mix 3 tablespoons mix in 2/3 cup boiling water. Mix can be stored in an airtight container or, as I did, packaged for gifts. I used small jelly jars and was able to get two servings in each jar. I did use decaf instant coffee for the mix because I know not everyone drinks caffeine, however if I were to make it for me I would definitely use regular coffee. Hope you enjoy this recipe and you should check out the cookbook!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Thanks love!!! I just sent the link to your blog to my friend who wants to help with my shower! xoxo