Thursday, October 6, 2011

Picture Day

I don't know about you, however I never liked picture day growing up. Now that I have a child, I do actually enjoy it! We have never had professional pictures taken of Eleanor, I am just not one to spend money on things like that - I am sure I will come to regret this! School pictures are really the only posed pictures we have, so far I have been very happy with what I get for $30! Yesterday was picture day at Eleanor's school and I finished her dress and bow the night before. I really need to stop doing these things last minute! I used this fabric that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.




I used the Carla Crim Portrait Peasant dress that I mentioned in my previous post. I extended the length of the top to make it a dress. There is a pattern for a sash to go with it, however I ran out of time and it seemed silly to stay up late for something you won't see. Here she is posing before school









And for my own walk down memory lane, here is a picture of her picture from her 3 year old class, I do miss the curls





And here is her picture from her 4 year old class, she is so much more grown up here






Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Robyn said...

She gets more beautiful every day! Beautiful dress, as always!

Selina Marie said...

How cute! I love her pose there in front of the fireplace =)

Amy said...

You do a great job sewing under pressure! Her dress turned out so cute! She changed so much from 3 to 4, she looks so much more mature. Cant wait to see this years!

Nanette Merrill said...

She is a darling girl. Love picture day. Brings back great memories.