Monday, January 9, 2012

Finish 2 for 2012

I finished my second project for 2012 last week, another Leighanna.  This time I made the Leighanna into a top and used the Scientific Seamstress Easy Fit Pants.  I used this flannel that I found at JoAnn before Christmas for $2.49/yard.  I bought extra to make 4 doll outfits, which I still need to finish.
 Here is the finished outfit.  I usually like to do the contrasting cuff on the pants as a ruffle, however Eleanor has decided she no longer likes ruffle pants.  Go figure, but not worth my time to make something she will not want to wear.  I love the addition of the ball fringe to this pattern, I may start adding it to other things.  As is normal for Eleanor these days, I cannot really get her to stand and smile for a picture.  She insists on posing.

I am now ready to work on my third finish for the year.  I am going to make her the Bella Twirl skirt with a matching applique t-shirt.  This is already cut and started, so I should have it finished in a day or two at the most.  

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh my goodness that is adorable!

Rebecca Maples said...

So cute!! If only I could count my "starts" instead of my "finishes", I would be kicking butt!

Sharon said...

Haha! Too cute! Tell her she needs to work the camera with her eyes like they do in America's Next Top Model. ;)

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

Turned out so cute as a tunic! Your little model is precious.

Carla Hegeman Crim said...

Love that girl!!! The outfit is gorgeous too! You are knocking the projects out of the park!