Monday, January 30, 2012

Weight Loss - Week 2

*First, let me begin by stating that this is not going to become a blog solely about me trying to lose weight. Because really, who would want to read that. I have some more crafty posts to do this week.

I finished my second week on Weight Watchers today and begin my third. I found myself noticeably less hungry this week as opposed to last week, which just goes to show how much I was overeating. I used far less of my extra points for the week, primarily because I was choosing more fruit and low point snacks. This week I got into the rut of weighing myself every single day, and quickly realized this is NOT a good idea. While sticking to the plan, I was actually gaining a pound or two. This had me confused. I checked with others on Twitter and also did my research on Weight Watchers website and realized why this was the case. Since none of you want too much information about me, let's just say this may happen each month.

Overall, I am continuing to feel so much better. I have way more energy during the day and I am certainly feeling more productive. I continued to adapt many of our meals that we already eat. I began using Chobani as a substitute for many things after discovering this on Pinterest and I cannot tell the difference. I even used it in a tomato sauce instead of heavy cream. I also made quite a few more meals from Skinny Taste and they were all wonderful. Here are the ones I used this week

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

Black and White Chocolate Chip Clouds

Pasta with Italian Chicken Sausage, Peppers and Escarole

Steak Sandwiches


My husband has also been thrilled with all of Gina's recipes so far and he finds the portions great. I have more plans to try some of her recipes this week. So, here is where I stand after finishing my second week


Began 1/15 - 156.5 pounds

Today 1/30 - 147.5 pounds

Lost - 2.5 pounds this past week for 9 pounds total

Pounds to reach goal of 113 - 34.5 pounds

5 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go! Keep it up!

Rebecca Maples said...

Look at you!!! Almost ten pounds in two weeks, good for you!!!

Selina Marie said...

You're doing so great!!! Just wait until you start exercising, those 34.5 lbs will be gone in no time! So proud of you =') *sniffle*

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm proud of you. I wish I could do as well. My husb signed up for weight watchers at work. We should both do it together. Heaven knows it would help me.

Nanette Merrill said...

By the way I forgot to say that cheese steak looks fantastic.