Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Big Goal

Yesterday on Twitter Katherine, Carolyn and I were discussing cowboy boots. I have two basic pairs, one black and one brown. Katherine then showed a picture of her awesome Boots which I decided I had to have. I currently wear my boots with my jeans over them, however if I am going to spend money on boots this awesome I want to see them! The problem is, I am not a fan of my legs in skinny jeans or leggings. Add to it that I am only 4'11" and my short legs look so chunky if my pants are tucked into boots. As a result, I just figured I would never buy the boots. But, if you follow me on Pinterest you know that I found tons of boots I loved yesterday. So, I made the decision I am going to have these boots and wear them no matter what it takes!
Right after our wedding I went on Weight Watchers (odd AFTER the wedding, I know) and was able to go from a size 10 to a 2 in about a year. Of course, when I got pregnant I was to lazy to work out and admittedly ate poorly. Not much has changed...until tomorrow! I have the common sense to know tht I am older now and have also had a child, so I may never be a size 2 again and that is OK. In fact, the size is not that important. I just want to wear clothing I like and feel comfortable in them. Obviously I would like to also be healthy, but if we are keeping it real here...this all started with a purely vain/materialistic goal. And really, I am ok with that. So, when I reach my goal I will purchase my boots and a pair of skinny jeans or leggings. And by the time this happens. If the pants tucked into leggings look is no longer popular, then by golly I will wear them around my house!
So, I am back on Weight Watchers as of 5 minutes ago. Starting tomorrow I will be keeping track of what I eat and weighing myself every Monday (since weight loss fairies don't exist I will not be weighing myself tomorrow because there will be no change overnight). The other thing I love about Weight Watchers is they give you a healthy goal range. Per them, my healthy range is 102-128. I picked 113 as my goal because it is in the middle.
I plan to blog every Monday about where I am to keep me accountable. So, here we go
Today 1/13 weight - 156.5 pounds
Goal - 113 pounds
Pounds to lose - 43.5 pounds


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Robyn said...

You go girl! We have a biggest loser going on facebook. You should have joined! You could have won about 900.00! Good luck to you...and please share any healthy, low-cal recipes!

Shelley said...

Good Luck!!! You can do it! I lost about 30 pounds about 2 yrs ago and feel great! cant wait to follow you and keep you encouraged! oh and I love my skinny jeans.

Selina Marie said...

Good for you! I know you will do great and you'll be tromping around town in those sexy boots in no time!

Rebecca Maples said...

You can do it!!!