Monday, January 23, 2012

Weight Loss - Week 1

Today officially completes my first week on Weight Watchers. As I mentioned previously, I love Weight Watchers because I can so easily adapt it to my lifestyle. I can easily take any recipe and calculate how many points it is simply by entering the ingredients, which also means I can lighten it up if necessary. Another aspect of Weight Watchers that I like is that I can take any item I bought at the store and enter the nutrition information to find out how many points it is...heck, the even have an app where I can scan the UPC code for point! This just makes it so easy for me!
Courtesy of Kristen and Pinterest, I found this fabulous blog SkinnyTaste . She has wonderful recipes that are healthy and she already had the nutrition information and Weight Watchers points figured out! I tried a couple of her recipes this week and absolutely loved all of them. I didn't take pictures of any of our meals, so I will just include the links.
Baked Eggplant Sticks
Baked Chicken Parmesan
Broiled Tilapia with Tomato Caper Sauce
And last but not least, her wonderful Chocolate Cupcakes , which are made from a store bought cupcake mix and are beyond delicious!

I have truly felt so much better this week, being aware of what I am eating makes me think before just grabbing anything. I find that I leave meals filled but not stuffed! Also, I have found that I have more energy and in reality have been drinking only 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning, as opposed to the pot I used to drink every morning. This has not actually been a planned, just something that happened. So, here is where I stand after my first week

Began 1/15 - 156.5 pounds
Today 1/23 - 150.0 pounds
Lost - 6.5 pounds
Pounds to reach goal of 113 - 37 pounds




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


7 comments:

Kristina said...

Whoo hoo! You make it sound so easy. I may need to give it a whirl.

Emily said...

You go girl! I'm doing WW too. I weigh in tomorrow morning! :)

Amy said...

Way to go Christine!! Youve made it through the hardest part, the first week. You can do it!
PS - You are my hero, Im too chicken to post my weight!

Nanette Merrill said...

Wow. Good for you!

Rebecca Maples said...

good for you!!!! you will be rocking those boots in no time!!!!

Wandering Threads said...

Good for you!! Can't wait to see the boots :)

Robyn said...

Whoa! I'm very impressed!